In 1949, 73 years ago, a young man had a vision of owning his own business. He discussed this with his wife, as without her help it would have been impossible. She readily agreed to be the “office” and together they bought a small business with 6 tradesmen and a dilapidated van. They were Arthur and Myra Palmer and our firm became known as A T Palmer (Builders & Contractors) Ltd. The rest is history as they say! Our site staff, now approximately 30 comprises skilled carpenters, decorators, traditional trades craftsmen, brick workers, ground workers and a specialist joiners shop. Where other specialist trades are required, that are not covered by our own tradesmen, we have an approved list of subcontractors that have been tried and tested over many years. We operate from offices at our yard on the Smarden Business Estate. Our office staff consists of 2 Contracts Managers, 2 Estimators, an Accounts Manager and an Office Administrator/Secretary working alongside 2 Directors and the Company Secretary. We maintain an ongoing training plan for all our staff, who are regularly updated in H&S and other specific training. We offer apprenticeships in carpentry, brickwork and decorating and usually have up to 5 training at any one time. The strength of A T Palmer Ltd lies with its skilled and dedicated workforce. They are the face of our business. They are all customer friendly and are constantly being commended by customers for their quality of workmanship.